<< Emergency Management of Renal and Genitourinary Trauma: Best Practices Update (Trauma CME)



Any injury to the kidneys, ureter, bladder, or urethra should, at the very least, be discussed with and possibly evaluated by a trauma surgeon and/or urologist while the patient is in the ED. If urology or trauma surgery is not available within the hospital, transfer to a trauma center is appropriate. Most injuries to the upper GU tract do require admission, although a minority of the cases can be safely discharged from the ED provided that they have close follow-up after discussion with a urologist, are hemodynamically stable, and their pain is well controlled. 

To continue reading, please log in or purchase access.

Already purchased this course?
Log in to read.
Purchase a subscription

Price: $449/year

140+ Credits!

Purchase Issue & CME Test

Price: $49

+4 Credits!

Money-back Guarantee
Get Quick-Read Evidence-Based Updates
Enter your email to get free evidence-based content delivered to your inbox once per month.
Please provide a valid email address.