Toxic Alcohol | Special Circumstances And Special Populations

<< Toxic Alcohol Ingestion: Prompt Recognition and Management in the Emergency Department (Critical Care Topic and Pharmacology CME)

Special Circumstances And Special Populations

Toxic Alcohol Ingestion In Pediatric Patients

Pediatric patients with even very small ingestions (such as a taste that was spat out) should be referred to a healthcare facility because it is difficult to assess the amount of exposure with products that have high concentrations. Emergency clinicians are encouraged to contact the local poison control center to request advice for such ingestions. Pediatric patients with suspected or witnessed exposure of a mouthful or more of a toxic alcohol should be treated with fomepizole until laboratory testing confirms that toxic alcohol concentrations are < 20 mg/dL.

To continue reading, please log in or purchase access.

Already purchased this course?
Log in to read.
Purchase a subscription

Price: $449/year

140+ Credits!

Money-back Guarantee
Get A Sample Issue Of Emergency Medicine Practice
Enter your email to get your copy today! Plus receive updates on EB Medicine every month.
Please provide a valid email address.